I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Things I like to put together

These still lives are a series of objects that I bought at the goodwill, or commandeered from my kids toys, or just simply like the way they look and keep them around so I can see them every now and then.
 One of my current favorites.  Little buddha, 6"x6" I was just reading about Buddha this morning.  The last buddha spoke about reincarnation and said that that would be his last incarnation because he had finally realized that the soul is but an illusion.  Something to ponder.  If a tree falls in the woods, and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?

 Cruet and Vase; Nuts and Marbles, 8"x8"

 I currently have stacks like this in my studio of my paintings.  I guess I will just have to start selling them or something.  I wish there was an easy way to draw people to know about my paintings.  I am such a novice at the marketing and business aspect of being an artist.  I suppose, I better start learning and employing the knowledge soon, otherwise, I am going to run out of room...


I am currently trying on different color pallettes for my paintings.  I am often inspired by the color collections you can pick up for free in the paint section of any local hardware store.  I keep them around so that when I start a new painting I can look through them for ideas on palletes to set just the right tone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...