I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Bachelors Buttons

I love flowers and I have always loved Georgia O'Keefe's close up paintings of flowers.  Most summers I have a variety of flowers blooming in my garden and like trying to capture their beauty and awesomeness.  Bachelor buttons are some of my favorites because of their colors - blueish purple... so cool... (no pun intended)  Here is a close up painting of some bachelors buttons that kind of reminds me of a Georgia O'Keefe, yet not as abstract as hers tend to be.  I just completed it, even though I took the reference picture sometime in late spring. 

Bachelors Buttons, acrylic on canvas, 18" x 24", 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...