I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, January 2, 2023

Day 2 - I'll Light a Candle for You

 It's day 2 of the January 30 and 30 and I'm in the groove.. Leaning into yesterday's spark of Simple Gifts, today's painting is a different take..  Titled "I'll Light a Candle for You", this one features a Duck in Chucks, a trope I come back to time and again.. kind of like peanut butter and jelly.  He's wearing a birthday candle for a hat, and is atop a soft rainbow. All together, the image feels like a simple gift to me...

"I'll Light a Candle for You", 8"x8", oil on panel, click here for purchasing details.


There is something to being able to appreciate the little things in life that helps bring happiness and peace to the chaos.. It's the simple gifts that make up our safety net, I think.. :) The wee duckling here agrees..

To take this a little further, I paint a lot of small paintings.. 8"x8", 10"x10" and 9"x12" are some of the most common sizes for me.. but, if you look closely, you will see that I try to pack a lot into every mark I make on this small space..  My painting style is what is known as Alla Prima, which means all at once.  This helps me to keep my marks fresh and along with my often thick and juicy textures, I hope to convey a sense of joyful life in each small image.  Take a look at some of the details below..


And my imagery is fairy simple when taken by itself.. What intrigues me is when you put the simple things together you often get a story. I try to make my stories ones that convey happiness..





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...