I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, October 2, 2021

Day 2 of the Daily Art Plus Challenge - Troo Colors

Today is the 2nd day of the October daily challenge and today's painting is one I started last week in West Chester from the back of my van. I am away from my home studio several days a week and had to figure out how I could keep painting.. so I bought a van and embraced the van life!  (Lol.. its fun and its also challenging, so, the verdict is actually still out on how tightly I will be embracing van life, but for now, it's an ok compromise.. I'm sure I'll be writing more about my Van Painting adventures as the month wears on..  :)  Anyway, back to Bessie.. I put the finishing touches on this sweet gal in my home studio, and now she's showing her Troo Colors. She's a nice companion piece to yesterdays frog since they both have pretty flowers on their head, and the sunny butterfly about to alight balances things nicely. I chose this cow for the main subject for the graphic black and white which I thought would contrast nicely with the brightly colored flowers and I love her unabashed gaze too :) 
She is currently for sale at Visual Expansion Gallery in West Chester. 

 


"Troo Colors", Oil on panel, 10"x10", 
please contact Visual Expansion Gallery in West Chester for purchasing details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...