I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, February 6, 2021

Day 6 of the 28 in 28 - Let Nothing Stand in Your Way

As I am sure many artists can say, I have been asked where I get my ideas..  It is a curiosity even to me, sometimes, when imagery pops unbidden into my mind.. this one is kind of like that. 

I am a Capricorn, and as such, I admire goats, so painting a goat is not a stretch.. Plus, the curly horned variety fascinate me.  I can't get over those horns! (see detail of the painting.. I LOVED painting the horns...)    I've also always had a fascination with Pysanka. In fact tried my had at making some years ago.  I found it to be extremely tedious and very time consuming, but love the end result.. Believe me, painting pictures of pysanka is much easier than creating pysanka designs on an egg.  

These two facts don't explain why I pictured putting a Goat and a pysanka together though... That and the elegant, starry teacup.  Sometimes it just feels right and I just go with it.  It turns out I am liking the strong design and focused results of stacking these three together. :) I love it when my hunch works out. Goats are known for their tenacity and ability to scale steep cliffs.  Balancing the delicate egg on her head seems to me to represent a great deal of focus.. And, as if the goat spoke... the title appeared...she said, Let Nothing Stand in Your Way... with tenacity and focus, you can achieve your intentions...

Let Nothing Stand in Your Way, Oil on panel, 10"x10"
To purchase click here






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...