I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, February 8, 2018

Day 8 of the 30 in 30 - Just a Spool for Your Love

When I get an idea for a painting, I usually like to make a series of them because one idea isn't just one idea... There are so many ways to interpret it that one idea can sometimes result in 5 paintings (or more!)  So, this is the 2nd in this little series of paintings -  birds and spools. I am not sure how far it will take me but I have 4 planned already, and 2 more waiting to make it out of my head....
 These birds are specifically black and white only, as I wanted to have them stand out next to the sweet colors of the vintage thread.  This little Chickadee is getting ready to make a landing - hopefully without knocking over the spool! I keep getting great title suggestions for my paintings, which are always welcome... some times the title is easy peasy, others, not so much, so spare titles are awesome. :)
This painting is for sale, as is yesterday's.  Check out my Daily Paintworks page for all the details!

Just a Spool for Your Love, oil, 6"x6", to purchase click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...