I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, January 1, 2017

Day 1 of January 2017 30 in 30

 Well, I am doing it again.  It seems like just last month that I did a 30 in 30... wait, it was. (!) Anyway, Leslie Saeta, one of my mentors from afar is hosting her bi annual 30 in 30 again, and I can't help myself.  I must do it.  But, I will be honest here. I did not actually start painting for it yet! With New Years, being sick, just finishing up my holiday campaign, delivering paintings to my collectors and spending much needed time with my family.... well, I ran out of time and haven't been able to get to my studio.  But I will tomorrow!  
In the mean time, I am posting a commission that I just finished and delivered just over a week ago to a good friend of mine, Blair Seitz.  In the 1970's, he lived in Kenya, and was a photographer for National Geographic.  It was a special time in his life and he asked me if I could paint this painting as a way of remembering it.  One of my specialties is compositing many photos and ideas to make one unified picture.  This is what I did here.  Below is the finished painting, and under that are the photos I used to create it.  I love helping people to realize the images in their mind, and this painting was particularly fun to paint.  And Blair's reaction when he saw it for the first time was priceless!


That Time in Kenya, oil, 18"x24", sold










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...