I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, December 8, 2016

Day 19 of my Holiday Painting Spree - "I'd Kiss the Moon"

I haven't told many people this, but I enjoy writing poetry. I have many 'books' of poetry that I have written over the years, much of it from awhile ago, some from more recently. It's probably not too good, but words are a medium I enjoy manipulating, almost as much as paint.  The poetry bug has started to emerge in my consciousness again as of late, and today's painting for some reason was calling for a poem.  The title "I'd Kiss the Moon" came from the beautiful blue color and glowing spots on it's wings... it seemed this butterfly was related to our lunar goddess.  And so a little poem was born. A love poem.

Kiss the Moon
I'd kiss the moon to be with you, I'd drink the sea and ocean too. This girdled globe I'd fly and run. I'd kiss the moon, I'd hug the sun.

I'd Kiss the Moon, oil on panel, beautifully framed and ready to hang
to purchase, please click here

And don't forget that you still have a chance to enter this weeks contest to win one of my paintings!  Click here or click the image below to go to my website to register.  It only takes a minute!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...