I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, December 5, 2016

Day 16 of my Holiday Painting Spree - "A Royal Gift"

Butterflies are quintessential symbols of transformation.  This magical creature has been performing it's amazing transformation for about 130 million years and appeared on our planet around the same time of flowering plants. (Just looked that up here)  The largest butterfly, Queen Alexandra's Birdwing,  has a wingspan of 1 foot! Can you imagine? I will have to paint one...  I love the beautiful patterns and subtle things that happen on a butterfly wing; tiny pieces of art in and of themselves. :)
The butterfly featured in today's painting is a Red spotted purple (that's it's name!) and can be found in North America, around the Carolinas.  

A Royal Gift, oil on panel, beautifully framed,
to purchase, click here

And, don't forget to enter week 3 of my painting giveaway!  See details below, and enter at my website, www.karenweberfineart.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...