I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Day 9 - Starry Starry Rooster

Corny title, I know.  I don't care... it must be...vvI painted this painting on a black ground today.  The gesso I used was particularly absorbent and I needed to work fast and thick.... In addition, the past few days I have been leaving my photo reference behind about 1/2 way through the painting.  I then finish the painting using cues from the artwork itself, rather than the photo.  These factors made for a very expressive chicken!  This guy fits into my "vintage" category as it's breed is apparently a Silver Duckwing which is considered Old English game... so to me, this sounded pretty vintage... Anyway here it is... :)

Starry Starry Rooster,  oil, 6"x6",
to purchase, please click here

After taking a picture of it, I noticed how much it reminded me of VanGogh's Starry, Starry, Night.  Below is a closeup of a part that is particularly Van Gogh-ish...


Starry Starry Rooster, closeup


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...