I am an oil painter living in S.E. Pennsylvania. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Day 14 of the 30 in 30... The Fish Head

Today's painting was inspired by a Daily Paintworks weekly challenge.  The DPW website (one of the places I sell my artwork though) has a weekly painting challenge.  It could be anything from stormy weather (last weeks challenge) to painting a fish (one from the end of May).  I've never done one before, but I was perusing them last night and liked the look of this guy.  Thought he would be fun to try. So, here is my entry for the 30 in 30 painting challenge I am participating in with Leslie Saeta (and over 2000 other artist worldwide) and for the paint a fish DPW challenge.  I must say, blending the colors on this fish was definitely a challenge.  You may notice that the picture uses a complementary color scheme of blue and orange.  Great challenge for me today.   But anyway, lets get down to business.... Anyone want a fish head to hang on their wall?  ;)


The Fish Head, oil on panel, 6"x6"
to purchase, please click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...